We offer Payment Gateway services (we are Brisbane based).
Payment Gateway is an e-commerce application that authorizes payments for e-businesses and online retailers. Payment gateways take care of the all the transactions that customers or merchants make on a website for online banking, shopping or any other activity that involves some monetary connection. Internet Payment Gateways work like credit card used to make credit purchases and withdraw cash during times of emergency. The payment gateway helps in the transfer of all relevant information regarding funds.
Why Payment Gateways are Used?
Payment Gateways are primarily used for two functions; first, to facilitate e-commerce transactions and second to manage any kind of risks. Even though e-commerce transactions save time but there are lots of risks involved. Payment gateway ensures the protection of credit card details by encrypting sensitive information, such as credit card numbers. Through Payment Gateways, the information is passed securely between the customer and the merchant and also between merchant and the payment processor. Even if somebody accesses the account details by chance, the Payment Gateway make sure that the account details must be prudent enough to implement security measures.
How a Payment Gateway Works?
A Payment Gateway helps in information exchange between a payment portal (such as a website, mobile phone or IVR service) and the Front End Processor or acquiring bank. When a customer places order from a Payment Gateway Enabled Merchant, the Payment Gateway performs variety of tasks:
- A customer places the order by pressing "submit order" button on the website.
- The customer's web browser encrypts the information to be sent between the browser and the merchant's web server. This is done via SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption.
- The merchant then forwards the transaction details to their payment gateway.
- From Payment Gateway, the transaction information is then transferred to the payment processor used by merchant's acquiring bank.
- The payment processor then forwards the transaction information to the card association (such as Visa, MasterCard)
- In case, an American Express or Discover Card was used, the processor acts as the issuing bank and directly provides approved/declined response to the payment gateway.
- Otherwise, the card association routes the transaction to the credit card issuing bank.
- When the credit card issuing bank receives the authorization request, it sends a response back to the processor with a response code. In addition to determining that whether the payment is approved or disapproved, the response code is used to define the reason why the transaction failed.
- The processor then forwards the response to the payment gateway.
- When the payment gateway receives the response, it forwards it on to the website where it is interpreted as a relevant response then relayed back to the card holder and the merchant.
- This entire process generally takes 2–3 seconds.
- The merchant submits all their approved authorizations, in a "batch", to their acquiring bank for settlement.
- The acquiring bank deposits the total of the approved funds in to the merchant's nominated account.
- From authorization to settlement to funding, the entire process takes 3 days.
Benefits of Payment Gateways
A boon to the modern businesses, Payment Gateway have made it easy to do international transactions. Here are some of the major benefits of Payment Gateways:
No Technical Knowledge is Required: While doing transactions through Payment Gateways, customers need not to possess any technical knowledge. All they need to have is the basic knowledge of computer and the Internet.
Less time is required: The company need not to spend time in training and implementing this software. In fact, it is an easy-to-use software and company can easily brief employees regarding usage of this particular software program.
Offers lot of Options: The software offers lots of options to both the customers and the company. While company can offer their customers some additional features, customers can also request the company for more features if he feels that it will be compatible. This will not only make customers' job easier but also saves their time and money.
We work with Payment Gateways from below financial institutions:
Maybray Pty. Ltd. - Brisbane.
So, if you are processing payments from a website or from within a database or any other software application, you will need a Payment Gateway. This will bridge the gap between the website or software, and the banks processing network.
At Maybray Digital in Brisbane we integrate with Payment Gateways that ensure merchants and customers to do online transactions safely. All of us work together to help our customers. We have professionals based in Brisbane with Microsoft, Adobe, IBM, Apple, Java and FileMaker certifications. With years of combined experience, we make sure that your projects are delivered on time, within budget and to your total satisfaction.
Maybray Pty. Ltd.
Level 1, 16 McDougall Street,
Milton, Queensland 4064,
Phone: ++61 7 3814 2909